Thursday, March 19, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

Last weekend my husband started painting my bedroom. I love the color purple and when my husband was starting it was really pretty but after it dried it is the ugliest purple you could imagine. I asked him to stop. I was going to run to get a different color but he said let's see what a whole wall looks like since we already had 3 gallons of this color. Well it is not my favorite but the color is much better than the dirty peachy color that my room was. While he was painting my youngest son and I went to a going away party for my cousin Jason. He is being deployed to Hawaii. After that we went out to my husband's sisters house to pick up a wonderful birthday cake, she made for me. This is the cutest cake I have ever laid my eyes on!

Then on Saturday night we went over to a friends house and played Cranium. That game is too fun! I have not laughed that hard in a long time. On Sunday we celebrated my nephews 3rd birthday and the cake tasted as good as it looked. Thanks Lisa!!
My oldest son gets deployed to Iraq in a few days. So I am trying to keep my mind as busy as possible so I don't worry too much but I am also talking to him every night, telling him how much we love him and asking a million questions. I will not be able to talk to him much for the next 7 months. I am getting more and more scared everyday but I don't want him to know that. The only thing I what him to be thinking about is to keep himself safe.

2 comments:

  1. I plan on calling Andrew tonight, so don't tie up the phone :P
    just kidding.
    My favorite color is purple too, I painted my bathroom purple one time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm worried too April. I do the same thing, try to keep busy and try not to think too much about it. It will drive you crazy if you do. It just makes me sick to my stomach. Do you know if Andrew has everyone's email address'? I know he said he can't do myspace but can he get on and email or get on the family website?

    You gonna post designer pictures of your room when you're done? Can't wait to see the purple! Hmmm, why does Grape Ape come to mind?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete