Friday, February 20, 2009

Permit

Well my youngest got his permit so he can drive now legally with an adult. In 9 months he will have his license and I will no longer be taxi. We don't know if Jamie and I have built up a better tolerance over the years of teaching 3 boys to drive but Tilda does not scare us as much as Roo or Gener did. Roo's driving still scares the crap out of me! LOL My husband has always been afraid to ride with the boys so most of the initial driving was left up to me. Hopefully he will be better now and let Tilda drive more with him. My youngest is on a mission to get all his hours in right away so I will be a passenger for the next 9 months. I have been taking him out for the last few months day, night, rain, sleet, snow, even ice, good and bad roads trying to get him as much experience as possible. I wish I would have put him in Drive Right last summer but the stupid school said he was going to get Driver's Ed last semester. What a bunch of crock. I called the school at the beginning of this semester to find out why he was still not enrolled and was told only 60 kids out of 2000 at his school is being offered Driver's Ed. They just didn't have the funding. What the hell is the $250 for the class for was my question. I was told that poor families didn't have to pay. WTF! Anyway...I need to change the subject to get off of my soapbox.

My oldest will be home this weekend for 10 days and I am so excited. I am not going to think about him being deployed in a month at all while he is home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that would so tick me off! You had to pay $250 for drivers ed in school and then he didn't get it? I'm so glad he got his permit. You are going to love it when he's driving on his own. I'm so proud of him, he's such a good kid. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

    Can't wait to see Andrew. I hope we can get together while he's here.

    ReplyDelete