Friday, April 10, 2009

Care packages

Thank you to everyone that has been helping send stuff over to our troops! I just dropped off another 6 phones to Cell phones for Soldiers and another huge box at the post office. My son should be very popular in his tent!

I have talked to my son a couple times but not for long. He said the temperature is in the 80's so far but getting hotter everyday. They don't have four seasons like we do. They have a windy, dry, and very very short rainy season. It is the windy season right now. The place is an ocean of sand, not hard compacted sand but loose sand. There are millions of sand flies that get in their, ears, eyes, nose, & mouth constantly. The loose sand is being blown around so much it looks hazy all the time. He said the sand gets into everything. Roo usually does not cuss in front of me but told me that place is the asshole of the Earth.

I can't say this enough Thank you again!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a miserable place. I just couldn't imagine living there. Do they need any Off or anything for the bugs? I would think the Marines would be providing them with stuff to keep from getting bit up. Did Tony remember to drop that bag off yesterday? I forgot to ask him this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he stopped by. I asked Roo about Off but he got distracted telling me something else.

    ReplyDelete